What is IMEI number?
IMEI number (International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) is used for cell phone activation in wireless carrier networks.
IMEI, as well as MEID (Mobile Equipment Identifier), is a form of a common international standart that is called ESN (Electronic Serial Number).
CDMA networks use MEID numbers, but actually the MEID number is the first 14 digits of the IMEI.
So in order to find out MEID number you should just get the first 14 digits of the IMEI without the last one.
Unique IMEI numbers are assigned to all Apple iOS devices with cellular connectivity directly at the factory and remain at iPhones and iPads throughout their lifetime.
Furthermore mobile service providers use IMEI number in order to authorize the phone in the network. Your iPhone can be tracked, blocked and unlocked by the carrier remotely as well.
Finally, the main thing you need while reporting the phone as lost or stolen to the police is IMEI number.
That's why all our iPhone / iPad check services require valid Apple IMEI numbers.
How can I find the IMEI number of my Apple device?
There is a variety of easy ways to locate device IMEI/MEID/ESN
and serial number
- The easiest way to obtain the IMEI number is entering universal code *#06#. Just dial *#06# and the IMEI number will be shown immediately on the screen.
- Tap Settings > General > About to find your device's identifiers like IMEI/MEID and serial number.
- IMEI/MEID and serial number are always printed on the barcode label that is stuck to original Apple packaging.
- You can see common information about your Apple device including IMEI number if you connect it to the computer and open iTunes application.
- Look at SIM card tray of your iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S. You can find there printed IMEI/MEID code and serial number.
- In case of iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus the IMEI number is engraved on the back case.
So now you know how you can locate the IMEI number and are able to start information lookup related to your device.
What is "Find my iPhone" and "iCloud activation lock"?
Find my iPhone feature has been designed in order to have an ability to track your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
This can be useful if your Apple device was lost or stolen.
Icloud activation lock is closely related to Find my iPhone. Activation lock is available starting from iOS 7 and becomes active automatically in case Find
My iPhone is turned on.
After iCloud activation lock feature is active, you are not able to turn off Find my iPhone, sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, erase and activate the device without your Apple ID and password.
Tap the Settings icon and select iCloud in the settings menu to see Find my iPhone/Activation lock information on your device.
Why is it so important to check iCloud lock before I buy used iPhone?
Find my iPhone (Activation lock) check is one of the most helpful functionality of our IMEI checker.
We strongly recommend you to verify Find my iPhone status if you are going to buy used Apple device and here's why.
In case the Find my iPhone feature is ON, iCloud activation lock is active as well.
And this means that the device still does not belongs to you, thus you won't be able to activate this iPhone/iPad/iPod and use it normally.
In order to avoid headache with your purchase, DO NOT BUY used Apple device if our IMEI checker shows that Find my iPhone is ON.